I think it’s now a safe bet: Hillary Clinton is running for President in 2016.
You can go ahead and write it down now: the campaign for President in 2016 started (and ended?) on March 18th, 2013.
Yesterday, HRC released a video of HRC. In non-politico talk, Human Rights Campaign released a video of Hillary Rodham Clinton speaking out in support of gay marriage.
Here is the clip:
Now, why does this mean Hillary is running?
1. If she isn’t running, there was no reason for her to make this announcement. Other than the fact that she’s a public figure and may want to influence the upcoming Supreme Court arguments… but I thought she was loving retirement and resting and reading books, etc. etc. etc.
2. When she does run, this issue will now be long behind her.
3. If the Supremes deal a sweeping ruling that legalizes gay marriage nationwide, Hillary can say that she was leading on the issue. If they don’t, she can claim that she was fighting for what was right!
4. Joe Biden was a year ahead of her on this issue. If he runs against her in the primary, the liberal Democrats that show up to vote in primary elections will absolutely care about this issue. If Hillary had not spoken out, Biden would have used this as a wedge against her. Remember, they’re both going to have to run to the left in order to win… and Hillary can’t afford to lose Iowa again.
5. Look at how refreshed and poised she looks in this video. Kinda reminds you of the first videos she released upon announcing her candidacy back in ’07. Even that atrocious long hair didn’t even look so bad. If a steady stream of these videos continue to emerge, look out.
What do you think? Is this an indication that Hillary Clinton will throw her hat in the ring?
Thanks for visiting this blog! As you see, it is not supported by advertising. If you would like to personally support this blog and its authors, please visit Amazon to purchase our Children’s Book, Pete the Popcorn! Or our new book, Casey and Callie Cupcake! If you don’t have a child in your life, donate a copy to your local school or library! Heck, if you buy both books, Amazon will give you free shipping! Also, we LOVE it when people LIKE us on Facebook. To learn more about our books, please visit www.PeteThePopcorn.com